1 packet of Goodlife Cauliflower and Mature Cheddar Sausages
100g of dried porcini mushrooms
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large onion
1 stick celery
2 cloves of garlic
500g arborio rice (risotto rice)
200ml white wine (optional)
1.25 litres of hot vegetable stock
salt and pepper to taste
1. Soak the mushrooms in 200ml of boiling water for 10 minutes.
2. Chop the onion and celery and garlic into a small dice, you could do this in the food processor to save time.
3. Fry the onion, celery and garlic in the oil very slowly, on a low heat for 7-8 minutes don’t allow to colour.
4. Turn up the heat and add the rice, stir for 30 seconds and coat the rice in the vegetable mixture.
5. Add a small amount of the hot vegetable stock and stir until evaporated, add the wine at this point if you choose, and again stir until the wine has been absorbed.
6. Drain the mushrooms, reserving the liquid, and add the mushroom liquid to the risotto.
7. Be aware that the mushroom stock is a bit grainy at the bottom so don’t tip all the liquid in.
8. Chop the Goodlife sausages into 4 pieces and add to the pan, add the stock a little at a time, stirring occasionally, until it is all gone. This should take approximately 20 minutes.
9. The sausages will break apart and impart a delicious flavour into you risotto.
10. Add the butter and stir through the risotto.
11. Season to taste and check the rice is cooked.
12. Garnish with rocket and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Goodlife Foods