1 pack MOR Moroccan Spiced Pork, Cauliflower, and Chickpea Sausages
1 tbsp Ras el hanout paste
2 small red onions, quartered
1 red pepper, sliced and deseeded
1 bulb fennel, cut into six pieces
4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
150g cherry tomatoes
1 tin chopped tomatoes
12 dried apricots, roughly chopped
8 stoned dates, roughly chopped
500ml chicken stock
1 small bunch freshly chopped coriander
(optional) 1 tbsp chopped pistachios
1. Set the oven to 180°C. While it’s heating up, place the pot over a medium heat, swirl in the olive oil, then add the onion, red pepper, and fennel. Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Drop in the garlic and cherry tomatoes before stirring through the Ras el hanout paste, making sure all the vegetables are coated. Check the heat so as not to burn the garlic.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, chicken stock, apricots and dates, then season with salt and pepper. Give everything a good stir.
4. Grill the sausages as per pack instructions until they’ve a nice, even colour, and pop them into the tagine.
5. Cover the pot and put it in your pre-heated oven for 40 minutes. When it’s ready, serve immediately with lemon couscous. To finish, garnish with the fresh coriander and – if you like – chopped pistachios.
Recipe courtesy of Mor