4 tsp olive oil
160g onion, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried corriander
2 cloves garlic, minced
400g tinned chopped tomatoes
600g lamb mince
1 large egg, whisked
10 dried apricots, finely chopped
20g mint, finely chopped
400g spaghetti pasta, dried
1. Heat 2 tsp. of olive oil in a frying pan and sweat off the onion, garlic and dried spices.
2. Remove half the mixture and leave the other half in the frying pan.
3. Add the tinned, chopped tomato into the frying pan and simmer to reduce.
4. Whilst the sauce is reducing add the breadcrumbs, egg and lamb, apricot and mint to the remaining onion and garlic.
5. Mould this into little meatballs.
6. Heat 2 tsp. of olive oil in a non-stick pan and fry the meatballs until golden. You may need to do this in batches.
7. Bring to the boil a large pan of salted water.
8. Add the pasta and boil and cook until al dente.
9. Mix in the tomato sauce and serve with the meatballs.
Lisa Marley, chef, food-writer and owner of the The Cocoa Box Ltd has worked closely with Britannia Living, premium kitchen appliance specialist to develop this recipe.