8g organic coconut flour
30g vanilla whey protein
120g pure fine oats
40ml coconut oil (melted)
40g organic honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
60g peanut butter deluxe
80g dark chocolate callets
1 tsp salted caramel flavouring
pinch of salt
1. For the base, line an 8x8 deep baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, coat with the melted Coconut Oil. Add in the Honey and Vanilla Extract. Microwave for 10 seconds and stir together. In another larger bowl, add the Pure Fine Oats and Vanilla Whey Protein, make a well in the centre and pour in the Coconut Oil mixture. Stir together until a dough is formed.
3. Press the base mixture into the baking tray and place in the fridge whilst you make the filling.
4. For the filling, add the Raisins and Dates into a large microwaveable bowl. Cover the mixture halfway up with water and place the bowl in the microwave for 2 ½ - 3 minutes until the Raisins and Dates start to turn soft. Take out of the microwave and leave for 1 minute until slightly cooled. Add in the Peanut Butter Deluxe and Caramel Extract and stir.
5. With a fork, press down the mixture until it is completely soft. You should still have bits of Raisin and Dates still firm as this will add to the texture and consistency of the mixture.
6. In another bowl, to make the dry mixture, add in the Coconut Flour, Casein Protein and a Pinch of Salt and mix together.
7. Bit by bit, add the dry mixture into the wet mixture until the entire dry mixture has dissolved into the wet mixture.
8. Take the base out of the fridge and spoon the filling on top. The filling may be quite hard to spread with your fingers so add some water to your fingers to soften up the mixture so it can be pressed down more easily.
9. Once the mixture is pressed down and level, place the Dark Chocolate Callets in the microwave for 1 minute until melted. Stir the chocolate and pour on top of the filling and spread until even across the entire bake.
10. Place in the fridge for 1 hour 30 minutes until the chocolate has hardened.
Recipe courtesy of GoNutrition