2 x 100g bars Divine white chocolate
200g unsalted butter, diced
3 large free range eggs, at room temperature
150g caster sugar
200g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
50g macadamia nuts
150g fresh blueberries or fresh raspberries
1. Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Break up one and a half bars of the chocolate (150g), put into a heatproof bowl with the diced butter and melt gently (see page 16), stirring frequently. Remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool until needed.
3. Put the eggs into the bowl of a food mixer and whisk until frothy. Add the sugar and beat thoroughly until very thick and mousse-like. Whisk in the melted chocolate mixture. Sift the flour and baking powder onto the mixture and fold in with a large metal spoon. Roughly chop the remaining chocolate and the nuts and stir into the mixture.
4. Transfer to the prepared tin and spread evenly. Scatter over the berries then bake in the heated oven for about 25 minutes until golden and a skewer inserted into the blondie halfway between the sides and centre comes out clean. Remove the tin from the oven and set on a wire rack. Leave to cool completely before removing from the tin and cutting into pieces.
5. Store in an airtight container and eat within 3 days.
Recipe courtesy of Divine