1. Season the courgette with salt and pepper.
2. Whisk together the egg, baking powder and flour in a bowl.
3. Squeeze any excess water out of the courgette and then add the courgette and the peas to the batter in the bowl.
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan and when hot, drop in heaped tablespoons of the courgette mixture.
5. Use the back of a spoon to flatten the fritter into the pan.
6. Fry each fritter for 1-2 minutes, until golden brown on each side.
7. Remove the fritters from the pan and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Haskins