1. Start by heating the coconut oil in a pan on medium heat with the almond milk.
2. Place all the remaining waffle ingredients, including the melted coconut oil and almond milk, into a bowl and mix well.
3. Heat up the waffle iron and dab or brush with coconut oil. I use the small waffle iron where the waffles come out looking like a four-leaf clover. Ladle some of the batter mixture into the iron and cook until super crispy.
4. While the waffles are cooking, pimp up the coconut yoghurt with lemon zest, maple syrup and the vanilla, stirring to combine.
5. Once the waffles have been cooked, serve with a dollop of the coconut yoghurt, fruits, micro herbs and edible flowers, if using, and drizzle with maple syrup.
Recipe taken from Happy Food: Fast, fresh, simple vegan, Hardie Grant (UK), RRP: £20, by Bettina Campolucci Bordi