1. Put the flour, xanthan gum and salt into a mixing bowl. Cut up the butter and rub in until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the water a little at a time until the mixture comes together to form a firm dough. Wrap in cling film and chill for 15 minutes.
2. Divide the pastry into four equal pieces. Roll out each piece so it’s big enough to line your tartlet case. Push the pastry carefully into the base and sides of your case, taking care as Gluten Free pastry does have a tendency to be very short and tear easily. Place the pastry cases on a baking tray and prick the pastry with a fork.
3. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C, 400°F, Gas mark 6 for 10 minutes.
4. Put all the filling ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Pour into the pastry cases and return to the oven for 20-25 minutes until is firm to touch.
5. Serve warm or cold with a salad.
Recipe courtesy of Dr. Oetker Ristorante