For the falafel:
1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, patted dry
400g butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded, roasted
1 onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic
Ground coriander - 1 tsp
Ground cumin - 1/2 tsp
Paprika - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Gram flour - 1 tbsp
Psyllium husk - 2 tbsp
For the slaw:
Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
Vegan Mayonnaise to bind
1. Put chickpeas, onion and garlic in a blender and blitz until smooth. Add in the roasted butternut and spices/seasonings and blitz some more until blended.
2. Tip mix into a bowl and stir in gram flour and Psyllium husk, this helps the mixture to firm up enough to hold shape when you’re frying but also adds some great dietary fibre.
3. Once this is all thoroughly mixed, shape into balls and leave in fridge until ready to cook
4. To fry, either use your deep fryer (they take a few minutes each to cook, do in small batches) or pour a couple of inches of oil into a large saucepan, heat up (until a little bit of mix fries and gently browns when dropped in), then cook falafel in batches, a few minutes each batch, turning to make sure they are golden brown all over. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and pop onto kitchen paper to soak up excess oil.
5. Make the slaw by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl.
6. Serve the falafel in a Genius Gluten Free Fibre Fest wrap with slaw and sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Genius Gluten Free