1. Quarter your mushrooms. Add to a pan with a splash of olive oil. Fry until brown, and then add the sliced garlic and a handful of sliced thyme leaves. Squeeze a few drops of lemon juice in. Mix everything together. Once the garlic begins to go brown, remove everything from the bowl and set aside.
2. Into the pan, add 5 tablespoons of olive oil and 3 tablespoons of plain flour. Whisk it together. Then start adding your whole milk, bit by bit, whisking it in. Keep adding milk until you have a smooth white sauce.
3. Get your macaroni cooking – follow pack instructions.
4. At this point, crumble in the mozzarella and 100g of the taleggio. Stir it in until it melts, and you have a smooth white sauce.
5. Re-add your mushrooms and add small bunch of parsley. Mix it in.
6. At this point, drain your cooked macaroni and add to the sauce. Mix it in. Season with salt and pepper and add a big squeeze of lemon juice. Smooth out the top of the mac and cheese, and then add your remaining taleggio.
7. Place under the grill until the taleggio is golden and bubbling.
8. Remove from the oven, serve it up, scatter over some more chopped parsley and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of The Mushroom Bureau