For the Hummus Base:
1. Add all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Add more water as needed to get your favourite consistency.
2. Put the contents from the blender into your favourite serving dish and serve with fresh vegetables as a dip or store in the fridge for a later date.
For the Beetroot Hummus:
1. Steam or roast the diced beetroot until soft. Approximately 15 minutes or until tender.
2. Once cooked, let cool and add to your base hummus recipe. Blend and serve.
Optional: Save a few beets to add as a garnish once plated.
Lemon Coriander Hummus:
1. Add the lemon juice and ¼ of the chopped coriander to your base hummus recipe and blend.
2. Once blended, stir in the rest of the coriander. Enjoy!
Optional: Add in some lemon zest for an additional zing.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus:
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/ gas mark 5. Cut the red pepper in half and place on a baking tray face down. Roast in oven for 30 minutes (until soft and the skin is wrinkly), flipping once.
2. Let the red pepper cool, and add to base hummus recipe along with the paprika and cumin. Blend and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Vega