Oil with a higher smoke point e.g. sunflower, rapeseed or olive oil
4 corn on the cobs
1 packet of pressed or extra-firm tofu, sliced into 4 pieces and dried thoroughly
2 slightly under-ripe avocados, cut in half and pitted
6-8 stone fruits e.g. plums and peaches
1. Pre-heat your BBQ.
2. Drizzle the tofu, corn, avocados and fruit with a little oil.
3. Add the tofu to the BBQ. Flip every 5 minutes for a total cooking time of 20 minutes. Drizzle with BBQ sauce for the last 10 minutes.
4. After the first tofu flip, add the corn, turning as the kernels start to brown. They will take about 10-12 minutes
5. During the last 5 minutes of the tofu cooking, add the avocado and fruit cut side down for 3-4 minutes.
6. Serve seasoned with a little salt and pepper and your favourite BBQ sides. We love our Tasty Tabbouleh!
Recipe courtesy of Vega