For the crust:
1. In a food processor, grind the walnuts or oats, salt and coffee until it resembles a coarse flour. Add the dates and process until they are smooth and the mixture forms a ball. You may need to add 1 to 2 teaspoons of water to help the mixture blend easier.
2. Line a 9- inch spring form cake tin or loaf tin with parchment paper. Press the crust into the bottom of the tin and press down evenly to give a smooth layer. Place in the freezer until the filling is ready.
For the filling:
1. Soak 75 g of cashews and the coconut in boiling hot water for 20 minutes. Drain water and add cashews and coconuts to a high-speed blender.
2. Add the remaining filling ingredients to the blender and blend until completely smooth. Taste and adjust the flavours as desired.
3. Pour the filling on top of the frozen crust. Place back in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
4. Dust with cocoa powder and sprinkle with cacao nibs or sprinkles before serving.
5. Serve frozen or slightly softened from the fridge.
Recipe courtesy of Vega