1 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
3 tbsp. Tracklements Fresh Mint Jelly
250g ricotta, drained
½ tsp grated nutmeg
salt and pepper
100g feta cheese, crumbled
50g melted butter
5 sheets filo pastry
1 tbsp. sesame seeds
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/350°F/gas mark 6.
2. In a large pan, fry the onion and garlic in the oil until soft and transparent, remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
3. Wash the spinach and wilt using the same large pan as before. Place the wilted spinach in a sieve over a bowl to catch any juices and squash using the back of a spoon to remove as much excess water as possible.
4. Melt the Fresh Mint Jelly in a small pan until runny.
5. Beat the egg with the ricotta and nutmeg. Season. Stir in the feta, Fresh Mint Jelly, onions, garlic and spinach.
6. Brush a 20cm round cake tin with a little of the melted butter. Line with sheets of filo brushing each sheet of filo with the melted butter and off-setting the pastry sheets to form a rough star shape. Spoon the cheese and spinach mixture into the middle of the pastry. Fold the overhanging pastry up and over the top of the pie filling. Brush with a little more melted butter and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
7. Bake for 25-30 mins or until the pastry is golden brown and crisp. Serve warm, straight from the oven or cold with salads or as part of a picnic spread.
Recipe courtesy of Tracklements