1. Preheat oven to 180°C/355°F/Gas Mark 5
2. Grease 4 ramekins with a little butter. Tip a little cocoa powder into each ramekin, turning to coat the inside completely, and then tap and tip out the excess powder.
3. In a bowl, melt the butter with the chocolate in a microwave, taking care not to let it overheat. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
4. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and the sugar together until pale, thick and nearly doubled in volume (if you lift the whisk out of the bowl, the mixture should form a faint ribbon trail). Fold in the cooled chocolate mixture, followed by the sieved flour and the remaining 2 tsp of sieved cocoa powder.
5. Spoon a heaped spoonful of the mixture into the prepared ramekins. Place a creme egg on top of the mixture in each ramekin, lying them on their side and top with the remaining mixture.
6. Bake the puddings in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until just set.
7. Turn out and serve immediately with fresh berries and cream.
Recipe courtesy of Rachel Green for Fairburn’s Eggs