135g frozen Tenderstem® (half a pack)
230g (approx.) rump steak, sliced very thinly
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp cornflour
2 cm (approx.) chunk ginger, very finely chopped (or grated)
1 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 mild red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced (to garnish)
Spray oil or low-calorie cooking spray
150g basmati rice
1. In a bowl, mix the beef with the garlic, cornflour and 1 tablespoon of water, and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Cook the rice according to the pack instructions, then drain, keep warm and set aside.
3. Spray a non-stick frying pan with spray oil or low-calorie cooking spray, and place on a medium heat. Add the frozen Tenderstem® and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the ginger, rice wine and sugar and stir-fry for 1 more minute. Transfer to a plate.
4. Spray the pan again with oil/cooking spray, bring up to a high heat and add the steak. Stir fry for 45 seconds and then stir in the oyster sauce. Add the Tenderstem® back into the pan, add the soy sauce and stir-fry all together for 30 seconds.
5. Serve with basmati rice, garnished with sliced red chilli.
Recipe courtesy of Tenderstem®