260g ground almonds
40g desiccated coconut
125g cane sugar
70g cocoa powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
250ml Alpro Coconut Unsweetened drink
The zest of 1 orange (to garnish)
2 tbsp desiccated coconut (to garnish)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, then grease and line a 21cm cake tin.
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to remove any lumps.
3. Separate the eggs and then in another bowl beat the egg yolks with the Alpro Coconut Unsweetened. Then gradually add this to the dry ingredients, mixing until smooth.
4. In a third bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold these into the batter until you’re left with a wet dough.
5. Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 30-35 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Alpro