125g brown basmati and wild rice
2 chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
2 medium eggs, beaten
75g panko breadcrumbs
2 tsp oil
1 red pepper, sliced
100g baby corn, halved lengthways
200g bag sliced cavolo nero
2 tbsp kecap manis
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tsp light soy sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 220oC, gas mark 7.
2. Cook the rice in boiling water for 20-25 minutes until tender, drain.
3. Meanwhile, dip the chicken pieces in the egg and then coat in the panko crumbs and place on a parchment lined baking tray, roast for 20-25 minutes until golden and cooked through.
4. While these are cooking, heat 1 tsp oil in a frying pan and pour in the remaining beaten egg to give a thin omelette, cook for 1 minute until just set, remove from the pan, roll up and then slice. Heat the remaining oil in the pan and fry the peppers and baby corn for 4-5 minutes. Cook the cavolo nero in boiling water for 3 minutes and drain well.
5. Mix the kecap manis, sweet chilli sauce and soy together in a small bowl.
6. To serve, spoon the rice into the base of 2 bowls, place the stir fried vegetables to one side of the bowl and the cavolo nero next to it. Slice the chicken and arrange on top, drizzle over the sauce and top with the slices of omelette.
Oyster sauce will work well instead of the kecap manis.
Recipe courtesy of Discover Great Veg