200g Blueberries (7 oz) Assorted, with raspberries and pomegranate seeds
125g Caster Sugar (4 1/2 oz)
Dr. Oetker Platinum Grade Leaf Gelatine x 9 sheets
750ml Dry Rosé wine, chilled
1. Put 6 x fluted or tall dessert glasses on a tray - the capacity of each needs to be at least 200 ml (7 fl.oz) and put 1 or 2 pieces of fruit in the bottom of each. Cover the remaining fruit and keep in the fridge until required. Chill the glasses until required.
2. Put 3 sheets of Gelatine in a shallow dish and cover with cold water. Set aside to soften. Divide the sugar into 3 equal portions, and put one portion in a small saucepan. Add 100ml (3 ½ fl.oz) water and heat gently, stirring, until the sugar dissolves, then raise the heat until just below boiling. Remove from the heat, drain the gelatine, squeeze out the excess water and add to the hot liquid, stirring until melted. Cool for 10 minutes then pour over 250ml (9fl.oz) wine and transfer to a jug.
3. Pour a little of the wine mixture over the fruit in the glasses until it just starts to float. Put back in the fridge and chill until set. Keep the jug of liquid jelly in a bowl of warm water to help prevent it setting.
4. Once the jelly layer has set, add 2 or 3 more pieces of fruit to each glass and pour over another scant layer of jelly and leave to set. When you have used up the first batch of liquid jelly, prepare another batch as above – you will need to make 3 batches of jelly in total.
5. Continue layering up the glasses with fruit and jelly until you have reached the top of the glasses or to a level you prefer. Leave the jellies to chill for at least an hour to set completely before serving. Best served lightly chilled within 24 hours of making.
Recipe courtesy of Dr. Oetker