4 tsp Coconut Oil
1 tbsp Cumin seeds
1 Medium Onion
3/4 tsp Salt
3 Large Garlic Cloves
4 tsp Grated Fresh Ginger
1 tsp Ground Turmeric
1/4 tsp Chilli Flakes
3 cups / 750g Sweet Potatoes
Can / 398ml Chickpeas
398ml Can of Chopped Tomatoes
100ml Coconut Milk
100g Baby Spinach
1. Put the coconut oil, onions and cumin seeds in a large casserole dish, cover and cook on HIGH MICROWAVE for 3 mins to soften.
2. Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, coriander, and red chilli flakes and season with flakes and season with pinch of salt. Stir combine, cover and cook on HIGH MICROWAVE for 2 mins.
3. Add the sweet potato, chickpeas, tomatoes with their juices and coconut milk. Stir to combine, cover and cook on MEDIUM MICROWAVE for 20-30 minutes, until the potatoes are fork-tender.
4. This next step is optional: Mash one-third of the mixture to thicken the sauce (using a potato masher).
5. Stir in the spinach and cook on HIGH MICROWAVE for 30-50 seconds or until wilted. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
6. Serve on a bed of cooked grains, garnished with cilantro and coconut. If desired, offer lime wedges for squeezing over the curry.
This recipe was created using the Panasonic Slimline Combination Microwave Oven which has a grill, microwave and oven setting (and 29 automated cooking programmes), but could be replicated using a standard microwave and separate oven.
For more recipe inspiration visit www.theideaskitchen.co.uk