1. Place the quinoa and 600mls salted boiling water in a large bowl. Cover and cook on HIGH MICROWAVE for 5 mins. Then SIMMER MICROWAVE for 15 mins.
2. Drain and spread the quinoa on a baking sheet to cool for 10 mins.
3. Pre-heat the grill on high (1).
4. Line the baking tin with foil. Grill the tofu for 10-12 mins, turning during cooking.
5. Meanwhile whisk the lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the cooled quinoa, tofu, bell pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and mint; toss well to combine.
Tip! Precooked, baked tofu is firmed than water-packed making it a lot easier to work with as it does not fall apart. It can also come in a range of ‘flavours’!
This recipe was created using the Panasonic Slimline Combination Microwave Oven which has a grill, microwave and oven setting (and 29 automated cooking programmes), but could be replicated using a standard microwave and separate oven.
For more recipe inspiration visit www.theideaskitchen.co.uk