1. Make up the stock and keep warm.
2. In a deep saucepan, gently fry the onion in the olive oil for 3-5 minutes until soft then stir in the garlic and risotto rice. Stir thoroughly so the rice is coated in the oil.
3. Pour in the wine and cook while stirring for another 2-3 minutes until some of the wine has evaporated.
4. Add a ladleful of hot stock and stir. When the stock is almost all absorbed, add another ladleful and stir again. Keep adding stock bit by bit, until the rice is almost cooked but still a little firm in the middle.
5. Add the petits pois and heat through for another couple of minutes. When the rice is cooked and the peas are heated through, add the parsley, cheese, butter and black pepper and stir vigorously.
6. Turn off the heat, add the salmon chunks, stir once and allow to warm through for a minute, then serve. Great with a mixed salad.
Recipe courtesy of Princes