For the Fruit Filling
6 pears, peeled and roughly chopped
65g coconut sugar
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp freshly ground cardamom
1 tbsp cornflour
For the Crumble
35g coconut sugar
60g rolled oats
1 tsp ground cinnamon
60g California walnuts, finely ground
50g California walnuts, roughly chopped
50g rice bran oil
1. Preheat the oven to 190C (170C fan)
2. To make the fruit filling, place the pears into a large bowl with the sugar, lemon juice and cardamon and set aside for a few minutes whilst you make the crumble topping.
3. Place the sugar, oats, cinnamon, ground and chopped California walnuts into a bowl and mix together evenly. Drizzle in the oil as you stir with a fork, forming clumps of crumble mixture.
4. Sprinkle the cornflour over the fruit mixture and stir to combine. Scrape the fruit mixture into a large ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the crumble topping. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until the juice of the fruit is bubbling and the topping is crisp.
5. Serve warm with a little cream
Recipe courtesy of California Walnuts