1 medium egg
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
50g plain flour
1 pinch baking powder
35g California walnuts, ground
1.5 tbsp dried cranberries, chopped
You’ll also need mini Bundt cake tins
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (fan 160°C).
2. Oil the mini Bundt cake tins and set aside, then melt the butter in a pan and leave aside to cool.
3. With a mixer on the highest speed, beat the egg and egg yolk well for 1 minute until fluffy, then add the sugar while stirring constantly on a low setting. Mix on low for another 2 minutes.
4. Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into the mixture and incorporate carefully on the lowest speed. When the mix is combined, add the ground walnuts and cranberries, then finally blend in butter.
5. Fill the mini Bundt cake tins and bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
Recipe courtesy of California Walnuts