10lb (4.5 kg) spiral ham
300g brown sugar
175ml mulled apple cider
35g crushed ginger snaps
100g California walnut pieces
1. First, toast the walnut pieces in a large, dry pan over a medium-high heat for about 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are lightly browned. Place to one side.
2. Cook your ham as per the instructions found on the label [or for 13 to 15 minutes per pound in a 190°C oven].
3. Ten minutes prior to serving the ham, place a saucepan over a high heat and add the brown sugar and apple cider. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer until it forms into a thick syrup - for about 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and add the ginger snaps and walnuts to the syrup.
5. Remove the ham from the oven and place onto a platter; pour the syrup over ham, slice and serve.
Recipe courtesy of California Walnuts