800g pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 2 cm pieces. Keep pumpkin shell for serving.
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion finely chopped
1/2 celery stick finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
1 bay leaf
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
140 g Arborio rice
500 ml boiling water
25 g Flora Buttery
50 g Parmesan, grated (or a similar vegetarian substitute)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4.
2. Place the pumpkin in a baking tray and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until tender. Set aside.
3. In a wide based pan, heat the remaining oil over medium heat. Add the onion and celery. Cook for 5 minutes, until vegetables have softened. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, bay leaf, thyme and rice. Cook for 3 minutes, until the rice is coated well in the oil.
5. Add 100ml of boiling water to the rice and stir continuously, until all the liquid has been absorbed. Repeat this process three or more times and cook until the rice is tender.
6. To finish, add the Flora Buttery and grated Parmesan. Fold in the roasted pumpkin.
- Serve risotto in leftover pumpkin ‘cauldron’.
Recipe courtesy of Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot