Olive oil for cooking
400g smoked haddock, skinned and cut into 2cm cubes
1 onion, finely diced
1 carrot, finely diced
1 celery stick, finely diced
3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm dice
1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 tbsp curry powder
½ tsp ground cumin seeds
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp ground coriander seeds
1 bay leaf
400ml chicken stock
200ml double cream
Large pinch coriander, finely chopped
Sea salt for seasoning
Black pepper for seasoning
1. In a medium pan on a medium heat, add a splash of olive oil and add the onions, carrot, celery, chilli and bay leaf, and sweat for 10-12 minutes taking care not to colour (pop a lid on and turn the heat down if they start to colour).
2. In the meantime, in a small frying pan, toast off the spices and set aside.
3. When the vegetables are soft, add the toasted spices and stir in.
4. Add the chicken stock and the diced potatoes and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes until the potatoes are almost cooked.
5. Add the cream and bring to the boil.
6. Add the haddock and simmer for five minutes, then add the coriander and stir in.
Recipe courtesy of Leisure and Dan Doherty