120g cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp oil
2 x 150g plaice fillet (skin on)
Medium handful of fresh dill
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4 and boil a kettle. Rinse the quinoa and place in a saucepan with 300ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 15 mins.
2. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and finely slice the leek. Trim the sticcoli and slice any thick stalks in half lengthways. Place these vegetables onto a baking tray, drizzle with 2 tsp oil and place in the oven for 10-15 mins until turning golden.
3. Meanwhile, heat a frying pan with 1 tsp oil and fry the capers over a medium-high heat for 4-5 mins until turning crispy. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
4. Season the plaice fillets with sea salt and black pepper. Heat the same frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium-high heat and fry the plaice fillets for 2 mins each side until cooked through.
5. To make a lemon dill sauce; finely chop the dill, discarding the stalks. In a bowl, mix 1/2 tbsp olive oil with half of the juice from the lemon and a quarter of the chopped dill.
6. Drain the quinoa and stir through the remaining dill and lemon juice. Add the cherry tomatoes and leeks and mix well.
7. Serve the plaice fillets on two warm plates, drizzle over the lemon dill sauce and sprinkle over the crispy capers. Serve alongside the dill quinoa and sticcoli.
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef