180g cherry tomatoes
1 red onion
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp oil
2 tsp chipotle paste
2 x 150g beef mince
400g butternut squash
Large handful of fresh coriander
. Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4. Finely chop the garlic and finely slice the onion. Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters and finely chop the coriander leaves.
2. Peel the butternut squash using a peeler or a sharp knife. Using the peeler, slice the squash into long strips to form wide noodles. Place the squash noodles on a baking tray, lightly toss in 1 tbsp oil and a sprinkle of sea salt, and place in the oven for 15 mins.
3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the beef mince, garlic, half of the chopped coriander and half of the chipotle paste. Season with sea salt and black pepper and shape into 12 meatballs.
4. Heat a large frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium-high heat and brown the meatballs on all sides for 10 mins.
5. Meanwhile, heat a medium-sized pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the onion for 5 mins, then add the tomatoes, spinach, passata and remaining chipotle paste and cook for a further 5 mins. Season with sea salt.
6. Remove the meatballs from the frying pan and add to the tomato pan with the remaining coriander. Place a lid on the pan and simmer for a further 5 mins until the beef meatballs are cooked through.
7. To serve, place the squash noodles on two warm plates and spoon over the chipotle and beef meatballs with tomato spinach sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef