Spruce up your BBQ area with this painted tile effect MDF splashback idea
You will need
Cuprinol Terracotta Garden Shades
Cuprinol Natural Stone Garden Shades
Cuprinol Seagrass Garden Shades
1. Have a strip of MDF cut to your desired splashback size. Paint with one or two coats of Cuprinol Garden Shades in Natural Stone and allow to dry.
2. Draw a 16cm square onto stencil card, with a 1cm border inside this square. Draw an intersecting line from corner to corner, creating a cross through the square.
3. Cut out the two opposing triangles and repeat these steps so that you have one stencil for each colour.
4. Using chalk, mark out a 15cm squared grid on your dry, painted MDF. Hold your stencil in place with masking tape and use a sponge dipped in Cuprinol Garden Shades Terracotta to dab lightly through the stencil.
5. Gently peel off the masking tape and reposition the stencil to fill in every other tile with the first colour. Allow to dry.
6. Using the second stencil, invert the design and fill in the remaining tiles with Cuprinol Garden Shades Seagrass. Allow to dry before securing your garden tile effect in place.
For more guides and product info go to cuprinol.co.uk