When you're starting from scratch, it can be hard to know what to do with your outdoor area. However, DIY garden design doesn't have to be a chore - these tips will help you to get the garden you want
1. Start by gathering ideas from Pinterest and Instagram. You can then use an online tool to help you plan out your design - for instance, My Garden Planner.
2. It's worth setting a budget aside, so you know exactly how much you want to spend. However, be savvy - there are ways you can save money. For instance, if you're looking to source sleepers and decking, why not buy the wood from a timber yard, where it will be 1/5 of the price that it would be in your typical DIY store?
3. If you would like to divide the garden, you can use sleepers - this will allow you to create a lawn area and a decked area.
4. A social zone is always a nice addition to a garden - you should style it so the seating will be in the corner which attracts the most sun.
5. You can use paint to spruce up your fences and brick walls - aim to keep your colours consistent throughout.
6. Be sure to buy weather-proof furniture - this will make your life a lot easier!