If you’re a fan of cooler colour pallets and you’ve fallen out of love with silver, White Gold spray paint from Rust-Oleum is the solution to all of your metallic dreams
This shimmering precious metal is now easy to incorporate into interiors, minus the price tag and will instantly lift an aesthetic to a whole new level.
We sprayed a rattan chair and standing lamp with Rust-Oleum White Gold to create this glamorous reading nook and you could do the same with this quick and easy DIY...
You will need:
Rust-Oleum White Gold Metallic
Rust-Oleum Surface Primer
Ikea Jassa chair
Ikea Hektar lamp
Clean cloth or sponge
1. Move all items to be sprayed to a well-ventilated space and place on top of a large dustsheet or some old newspapers. You may want to cover the surrounding area with additional dust sheets/ newspaper to protect from spray mist.
2. Wipe the items with a clean with a damp sponge or cloth and allow this to dry before proceeding to the next step.
3. Holding the can approximately 30cm away from the object, apply up two coats of Rust-Oleum Surface Primer, leaving at least four hours in between each coat.
4. Take your can of Rust-Oleum White Gold Metallic and shake thoroughly. Hold the can approximately 30cm from the surface of the items to be painted and spray in a steady back and forth motion, slightly overlapping with each stroke. For best results whilst spraying keep the can the same distance from the surface and keep the can in motion. Apply several light coats a few minutes apart.
5. Leave to dry in a well ventilated place for 24 hours.
6. Place the items in their new home and accessorise with plants and succulents.
Tutorial courtesy of www.makeityours.co.uk