We've all been there. You're sitting at your desk desperately trying to plough through some work, but any inspiration seems like it is a million miles away
Your mind wanders, and before you know it your virtual shopping basket is full of Topshop treats to make you feel better about your whole desk situation.
If you’re going to spend so much time working in one place, it helps if it looks exceptionally good. With a few simple updates, your desk can became the perfect place for any girl boss to run an empire after receiving the Rust-Oleum Gun Metal treatment.
We sprayed a wooden chair, battered IKEA stationary cart and some wire garden trellis to create this dreamy desk décor.
What you will need:
Rust-Oleum Gun Metal Metallic
Rust-Oleum Surface Primer
Ikea Raskog (or any stationary trolley)
Ikea Kullaber chair (or any suitable desk chair)
Wire garden trellis
1. Move all items to be sprayed to a well-ventilated space and place on top of a large dustsheet or some old newspapers. You may want to cover the surrounding area with additional dust sheets/ newspaper to protect from spray mist.
2. Wipe the items with a clean with a damp sponge or cloth and allow this to dry before proceeding to the next step.
3. Holding the can approximately 30cm away from the object, apply up two coats of Rust-Oleum Surface Primer, leaving at least four hours in between each coat.
4. Take your can of Rust Oleum White Gold Metallic and shake thoroughly. Hold the can approximately 30cm from the surface of the items to be painted and spray in a steady back and forth motion, slightly overlapping with each stroke. For best results whilst spraying keep the can the same distance from the surface and keep the can in motion. Apply several light coats a few minutes apart.
5. Leave to dry in a well ventilated place for 24 hours.
6. Place your item back in the study and accessorise with natural materials for a sleek, chic workspace.
Tutorial courtesy of Rust-Oleum