If you're a cactus fan (and let's face it, who isn't) we have a great project for you to try. This cushion is a simple way to give your room an exotic injection - happy crafting!
You Will Need:
Sizzix® Big Shot
Sizzix® Thinlits TM Die Set – 6PK – Cacti by Debi Potter (661700)
Precision Base Plate for Intricate Thinlits dies (660320)
Clear stamping blocks
Sticky back craft foam
Stix 2 double sided adhesive sheets – A4
1 x square of fabric for cushion front
1 x square of lining fabric
1 x square of hessian - all measuring the same
Sewing Machine & thread
Versacraft ink pads for fabric – Pantone greens and black
Using the tall and round cacti designs from the Sizzix® Thinlits TM Cacti die set, make block stamps using the following steps...
1. Cut shapes and pots from the sticky back craft foam and stick into position on the craft board, leaving plenty of space between the two designs.
2. Cut rectangle around with scissors.
3. On reverse of craft board, attach double sided adhesive sheet.
4. Now cut shape out using scissors, leaving approx. 2mm all around.
5. Peel off back and adhere to clear stamping block. The stamp is ready to use!
6. Lay front fabric down on your work surface and secure with masking tape.
7. Stamp the design using the image as a guide. Ensure when stamping that the surface of the design is covered with an even spread of ink.
8. To make up the cushion, flip the newly printed fabric over and pin lining fabric to reverse.
9. Now take this whole piece and lay over the hessian. Pin to secure.
10. Using straight stitch on the sewing machine, and a 1/4” seam allowance, sew around cushion edge leaving a gap at bottom approx. 10cm wide. Recommended to double up stitch when using hessian for a more secure hold. Turn inside out.
11. Tuck in seams of open edge, pin and sew together. For a neat finish, sew close to edge.
Tutorial courtesy of Sizzix®