The orchid is a great way to bring a dash of instant colour to any home. Suiting the interior trends of the year, they are also easy to fit into your home's style and designs. In celebration of International Day of the Orchid, here are five quick and easy tips to bring the plant into your home.
1. Have you been following the colour trends this year? You can use orchids to inject ochre gold and soft pink around the home through the use of Cattleyas or Phalarnopsis orchids.
2. Why not try something different from individual orchids? Instead you can create a cluster in bold pots that can add a touch of class to your room.
3. Would you like to see more nature in your home? Orchids can help you achieve this. If you introduce green and leafy orchids around the home, you can bring the great outdoors, indoors.
4. While they're a lovely addition to the indoors, they can also be a stunning focal point in the summer. Orchids are hardy enough to withstand the outdoors and will flower into a stunning addition to any outdoor area in the summer.
5. After a statement addition to your home or room? Then use a variety of pots - the brighter the better!