While the return of Great British Bake Off has many people wanting to try a new recipe, The Fine Bedding Company have come up with a more unique idea - the recipe for a good night's sleep
Talking to experts across the globe, they have come up with the crucial ingredients to ensure you sleep well:
You will need:
• Level of tiredness (hours since last sleep and hours of physical exercise) and hours spent awake
• Bed time
• Length of time asleep
• The correct duvet for room temperature and body type
1. Try to keep your room at a constant temperature. Somewhere around 16°C is the optimum temperature.
2. Getting in the habit of taking regular exercise is a significant help too– 30 minutes a day is optimum.
3. Get used to a routine. This will involve going to bed at the same time every night to support your natural rhythms, switching off screens by 9.30pm and setting your alarm for the same time every morning.
4. Take a bath to relax yourself. While having a soak you should breathe in deeply to relax the body and the mind.
5. Avoid drinking caffeine after lunchtime if possible. Instead try having herbal teas in the afternoon, and a ‘sleepy’ blend an hour before bedtime.
6. Keep your bedroom as dark and quiet as possible
7. Use a duvet and pillow that will keep your body at a comfortable temperature all night long.
Tutorial courtesy of The Fine Bedding Company