This Make it Monday we are bringing you a super easy way to recycle your old mason jars into something useful
What you will need
• Rust-Oleum Chalky Finish Furniture Paint 125ml in a colour of your choice.
• Although this paint is water-based and easy to clean, a dust sheet is recommended to cover your work area.
• A one-inch paint brush. We're dealing with a small object, so it's best to use a smaller brush.
• A sand pad and a piece of sand paper.
• Mason jars
Before you begin
• Wipe down the mason jars to clean away any dust or dirt.
• Ensure the mason jars are dry.
• Give your paint tin a good shake.
Paint! The beauty of the Rust-Oleum range is that it doesn’t require any primer or undercoat. So, get your first coat straight onto the glass and once completed allow to dry. As the paint is water-based this should be dry in no time. Give it a touch test before moving onto step 2.
Begin with painting the top of the jar. Once the ‘neck’ is coated turn the jar upside down to allow you to paint the rest in one go.
Simply, apply a second coat of paint using the same technique described in step 1.
It's now time to distress your mason jar using the larger sanding pad and smaller sand paper for more intricate areas. The idea is for the jar to be distressed so don’t be afraid to just go for it. If you take it too far don’t worry, just paint over it to start again.
Sand down any raised areas or corners to create a real distressed look.
Tada! And it's as simple as that, you now have your very own personalised vase.
Credit: Wear Valley Decorating Centre