Image: Angel in the North
It's Make it Monday again and today we are bringing you the perfect upcycling project for all you hoarders out there.
We know everyone has been in the situation when you want to wear a specific necklace but it's at the bottom of a huge pile of old tangled pieces of jewellery. Well not anymore!
With this upcycling project you can easily make a cute little storage area for all your necklaces and bracelets, no more early morning jewellery stresses!
What you will need:
A tray with raised sides (we recommend this one)
Glue and spreader
1. Start by painting the sides of the tray. Dulux 'Made by me' range in lemon drizzle was used here but you may paint it any colour that you want. Give it at least two coats for a nice even finish.
2. Once dry, measure the base of the tray and cut out the right amount of fabric to fit.
3. Apply glue evenly to the base of the tray, making sure you go right to the edges.
4. Press the fabric down smoothly on to the tray base. If you spot any wrinkles carefully lift the fabric up and smooth down again while the glue is wet.
5. Apply a layer of glue to the edge of the fabric, all the way round, to stop fraying and movement. Smooth this down with the tip of your finger or a paintbrush, before leaving it to dry clear.
6. One the glue is thoroughly dry, measure out where you'd like your hooks to go. I used twelve 32mm dresser hooks and a small electric drill.
7. Drill holes for the hooks (we recommend a 25mm drill bit) then screw in your hooks.
And you're done! Load up with jewellery and enjoy.
Credit: Angel in the North and Wayfair