To celebrate the start of the 2016 Rio Olympics, we have rounded up some brilliant Brazillian inspired recipes that you can easily re-create at home.
So you can sit in the comfort of your own home watching the Olympics on TV, eating Brazilian food, and it will be just like you're in Rio (almost!)
Firstly, we have Latin style grilled corn with a kick...
You will need:
6 ears corn-on-the-cob
50g Flora gold
100g Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
40g finely grated Cotija or Parmesan cheese
Fresh corriander for garnish
1. Evenly rub corn with Flora Gold. Grill corn over medium heat, turning often, until tender.
2. Arrange hot corn on serving platter; let cool for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, combine Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic and chili in a small bowl.
3. Brush corn all over with the mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with fresh coriander.
Secondly, we have the El Churrasco Burger...
You will need:
600g beef mince (15% fat)
4 white baps
12 slices American cheese
80g black beans
80g brown onions, thinly sliced
Hellmann's Spicy Churrasco Sauce
Small handful of iceburg lettuce, shredded
1/2 tbsp sunflower oil
1. In a bowl, season your mince well with salt and pepper and mix with your hands.
2. Weigh the mince into four portions of 150g and use your hands to shape into burger patties.
3. Meanwhile add ½ tbs oil to pan and gently brown onions and beans together set aside when soft.
4. Heat the remaining sunflower oil on a flat griddle or frying pan and cook the burger patties over a medium heat for 2 mins or until nicely caramelized.
5. As they cook, lightly toast your buns under the grill.
6. Flip the burger patties and add American cheese to the top while the second side cooks for a further 2 mins or until juices run clear.
7. Place two heaped tablespoons of the onions and beans mix on top of the cheese.
8. Add a generous serving of Hellmann's Spicy Churrasco sauce, and Hellmann's Mayonnaise to the burger bun with a small handful of iceberg lettuce to taste.
9. Once the burger patties are cooked to your liking, place in the toasted bun and enjoy!
And finally, we bring you Brizilian pampas picanha steak with BBQ dipping sauce...
You will need:
1KG Picanha steak (rump or sirloin with all the fat still attached)
1 tsp of Colman's English mustard powder
Salt and Pepper
BBQ dipping sauce
3 tbsp Hellmann's Mayonnaise with olive oil
1tbsp Hellman's American BBQ sauce
½tsp Hellmann's Hot Habanero sauce
2 cloves smoked garlic
Juice ½ lemon
1. Score the fat on the meat and rub generously with the mustard powder. Seal in a bag and marinate in the fridge overnight.
2. Prepare a BBQ
3. Place the steak fat-side down onto the BBQ just away from the coals to slowly render down the fat. Turn after 10 minutes and place over the higher heat.
4. Brown off the rest of the beef and rest on a chopping board for 5 minutes.
5. Slice the beef into thick steaks and season with salt and pepper.
6. Grill the steaks on the high heat again until medium rare.
7. Rest for 5 minutes and serve with the dipping sauce.
Lead image courtesy of Hellmans and Pixabay
Burger recipe courtesy of Lucky Chip for Hellmann’s, created as a part of the Grilltopia campaign in celebration of their new range of premium BBQ and Hot & Spicy sauces. For more information, visit www.hellmanns.co.uk.
Corn and steak recipes courtesy of Hellmann’s, created as a part of the Grilltopia campaign in celebration of their new range of premium BBQ and Hot & Spicy sauces. For more information, visit www.hellmanns.co.uk.