We've all been there. You're sitting at your desk desperately trying to plough through some work, but any inspiration seems like it is a million miles away
Your mind wanders, and before you know it your virtual shopping basket is full of Topshop treats to make you feel better about your whole desk situation.
If you’re going to spend so much time working in one place, it helps if it looks exceptionally good. With a few simple updates, your desk can become the perfect place for any girl boss to run an empire after receiving the Rust-Oleum Gun Metal treatment.
We sprayed a wooden chair, battered IKEA stationary cart and some wire garden trellis to create this dreamy desk décor.
You will need:
IKEA Raskog Stationery Cart
Rust-Oleum Surface Primer 400ml
Rust-Oleum Gun Metal Metallic 400ml
Clean sponge or cloth
1. Assemble the IKEA Raskog stationery cart.
2. Move the cart to a well-ventilated space and place on top of a large dustsheet or some old newspapers. You may want to cover the surrounding area with additional dust sheets / newspaper to protect from spray mist.
3. Wipe the cart with a clean, damp sponge or cloth and allow this to dry before proceeding to the next step.
4. Holding the can approximately 30cm away from the cart, apply up two coats of Rust-Oleum Surface Primer, leaving at least four hours in between each coat.
5. Take your can of Rust-Oleum Gun Metal Metallic and shake thoroughly. Hold the can approximately 30cm from the surface of the cart and spray in a steady back and forth motion, slightly overlapping with each stroke. For best results whilst spraying keep the can the same distance from the surface and keep the can in motion. Apply several light coats a few minutes apart.
6. Leave to dry in a well ventilated place for 24 hours.
7. Place your cart back in the study and accessorise with natural materials for a sleek, chic workspace.
Tutorial courtesy of Rust-Oleum and IKEA