If you're a fan of the Terrazzo trend, this tutorial from Rust-Oleum will be a must-try the tutorial for you to try today! It explains how you can create your very own, stunning Terrazzo print on anything!
You will need
Rust-Oleum Chalky Finish Furniture Paint
Rust-Oleum Chalky Finish Furniture Lacquer (spray)
Homebase Clever Cube
MDF sheet (cut to size)
Sticky back plastic
Drill and screws
Rust-Oleum Artist Brushes
Roller and tray
Paint stirrer & opener
1. Take your chosen shade of Rust-Oleum Chalky Finish Furniture Paint for the base (we used Chalk White) and stir thoroughly before use.
Paint the top, sides and front of the MDF sheet with a roller and leave this to dry. Chalky Finish Furniture Paint is perfect for MDF as there’s no need to prime. You may require a second coat.
2. To create your stencil, place the sticky back plastic on the cutting mat and begin to cut out a terrazzo design with a stanley knife. If needed, print out a picture of terrazzo and used this as a guide.
3. Stick your stencil to the MDF, ensuring it’s secure. Take your remaining Rust-Oleum Chalky Finish Furniture Paint shades and paint in your design.
We chose Rust-Oleum Chalky Finish Furniture Paint in Ink Blue, Belgrave and Duck Egg.
4. Personalise the Clever Cube to match your project. We painted the top two sections of the cube (and the wall brackets) with Rust-Oleum Chalky Finish Furniture Paint in Belgrave.
We also attached hooks for additional compact organisation!
5. Once dry, protect and seal the paint with Rust-Oleum Furniture Finishing Lacquer.
6. Using a drill and screws, attach the brackets to the wall and secure the terrazzo table top in place.
Tutorial courtesy of Rust-Oleum