Whether it's when you're flicking through your latest issue of HomeStyle or you find yourself looking online, you're certain to come across homes that look unrealistically great
How do the homeowners maintain it? How can you get the look?
Well, the good news is it’s possible to create a magazine-fresh look without having to splash the cash. Well, treat the below tips as a starting point - what's to stop you from surpassing it?
So, we spoke to Pounds to Pocket who have shared their tips on the ways to get your home looking better, without having to spend a penny - and where better to start than the living room?
Thinking of value will often mean you start considering ways in which you can add 'more'. However, a classy look will normally be achieved by taking a more minimal approach, and taking things away. This results in space and order, giving the impression of a room which seems much more well-designed.
When you're putting your living room together, make sure everything you see has worked for its place. For instance, do you leave your magazines out? Then file them away.
Make sure you choose the pictures you put on your wall with care too, and don't just place them anywhere - turning them into a feature wall, and leaving the others bare is an effortless way to achieve your very own focal point.
1. Remove the clutter from your room - this is an effortless way to achieve a much calmer feeling.
2. Is your furniture by the walls? If it is, move it away - this creates a real feeling of space.
3. Are you after a focal point? Then why not create a gallery wall? It's a sure way to provide your walls with some interest.
4. You can avoid breaking up predictable lines by placing your furniture at angles.
5. Why not create a reading corner? It's a great way to make a feature for your furniture.
You can see the full infographic here.