With the festive season approaching, chances are more of us will be entertaining at home
If you are planning to have visitors to stay in the coming weeks, making sure your guest room is VIP ready is crucial - that's where these top tips from CollectPlus come in to play - they've teamed up with Kimberly Duran from Swoon Worthy to give you the helping hand you may need...
1. When you have people to stay, aim to give them a hotel experience. Having good quality bedding will make sure your guests are both comfortable and well rested. Keep your eyes peeled for a high thread count and get cosy with some luxurious linen.
2. Few things are as bad as staying in someone's house and feeling freezing. Make sure they don't by leaving an additional folded blanket at the end of the bed to provide some extra warmth. It also gives it a luxurious appearance too.
3. Leave some clean towels (ideally a matching set). This should include at the minimum a bath and hand towel, and can even include a face towel too.
4. Leave a jug of fresh water in their home - and remember to change the water each night!
5. In this digital day and age, one thing we're guaranteed to want is access to a plug socket, meaning your guests can recharge any mobiles or iPads overnight. You should also make sure you share your wi-fi password.
6. Make sure guests have somewhere to hang their clothes.
7. A great way to set the scene will be a small vase of flowers - it creates a lively and welcoming atmosphere.
8. Think about leaving a small box of travel toiletries on the side with some essentials like shampoo, conditioner, body wash and moisturiser. You could even try a new toothbrush and a tube of toothpaste, while having a small disposable razor is always handy too.
9. Think about leaving some books and magazines around that your guest could enjoy.
10. If you're ordering parcels but are not sure you're going to be in, make the most of services like CollectPlus - you can get your orders delivered to one of 7,000 pickup spots, so you can then collect at your convenience.