If you have some old baubles that look like they've seen better days, don't throw them away just yet - instead, try this simple tutorial from Rust-Oleum
It will allow you to transform your decorations, giving your tree a glamorous new look in the process.
You will need
Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch in two colours (we used Winter Grey and Chalk White)
Rust-Oleum Metallic spray paint in one colour (we used Chrome)
A container, deep enough to fill with water and submerge your baubles.
Rust-Oleum Surface Primer (optional)
1. Using string, create an area for hanging baubles to dry. You may want to cover the floor with dust sheets / newspaper to protect from spray mist and drips.
Attach bauble hooks to each bauble. If necessary, prime your baubles in a well-ventilated area with Rust-Oleum Surface Primer. We primed darker coloured baubles to ensure none of the original colour showed through.
2. Take your first can of Rust-Oleum spray paint and shake thoroughly. Holding your can approximately 20cm away, spray your paint onto the surface of the water. Repeat this step until you’ve used each colour.
Experiment with a range of colours and metallics to create the perfect Christmas tree decoration.
3. Your paint should be sat on the surface of the water. Stir until you’re happy with the consistency and colour mixture. You can add more paint and mix again if necessary.
4. Holding your bauble at the top, slowly submerge it into the water and then remove it. It should be covered in a marble effect.
5. Hang your baubles and leave to dry.
Tutorial courtesy of Rust-Oleum