Our resident baker, Jessie Cakes, is back with another blinder! This month, she’s been experimenting with a cheesecake/brownie combo perfect for any summertime gathering – rain or shine. She’s also left us with a few brownie-baking pointers, because she’s super nice like that!
If you love raspberries, brownies and cheesecake as much as I do, this is the bake for you. This recipe combines the three to create the ultimate indulgence.
Rich, fudgy brownie swirled with creamy white chocolate cheesecake dotted with fresh, juicy raspberries. Whether it's an after-dinner dessert or a summer picnic treat, this bake is perfect for any occasion and will definitely have people asking for seconds!
For the brownie layer I used my go-to recipe, which I have developed over the past few years. The outside has a cracked crust with a slight crunch, but the inside is deliciously gooey and moist. The secret to achieving this texture is in the ingredient quantities, the mixing technique and the baking time.
Tips for perfect brownies:
- Use more sugar than flour to help lock in moisture.
- Using too many eggs will result in a dry, cakey texture, so I never use more than 2 medium-sized eggs.
- Be careful not to over mix the batter as this can result in tough brownies. Fold in the flour until just incorporated.
- Most importantly, do not exceed the baking time. The top should no longer be shiny, the edges slightly cracked and a toothpick inserted in the middle should not come out clean. Brownies will continue to cook as they cool, so it’s best to under-bake them to keep them soft and chewy.
- For a beautifully smooth and creamy cheesecake layer, it’s important that all the ingredients, including the cream cheese, are at room temperature before mixing together. Be careful not to overbeat the mixture as this will cause the ingredients to separate, and the mixture will turn to liquid.
- Finally, this recipe calls for either frozen or fresh raspberries. Frozen raspberries will hold their shape better when baked; however as raspberries are in season they are particularly good at the moment so it may be best to source fresh ones.
That’s all from me for now, so grab your mixing bowls and enjoy baking the most delectable brownies ever!
Tempted to try? You can find Jess’ Raspberry & White Choc Cheesecake Brownie recipe here.
For more Jessie Cakes recipes, visit her website: www.jessiecakesdiary.com