Putting neon and home decor in the same sentence is a scary prospect
They're bright and overwhelming and there's a fine line between super cool and modern, and totally tacky when it comes to such bright, bold colours. However, a touch of neon here and there never hurt anyone! You can use them in small doses, or larger doses paired with some good neutrals, without blinding everyone who enters your home.
To show you it can be done, Rust-Oleum upcycled a vintage table, purchased for £5 on Gumtree! This created a dipped effect, adding a bright pop of neon yellow to the legs, instantly bringing this table up to date.
You will need
Clean cloth or sponge
1. Move your table out to a well-ventilated space and place on top of a large dustsheet or some old newspapers. You may want to cover the surrounding area with additional dust sheets / newspaper to protect from spray mist.
2. Wipe the area to be sprayed with a clean with a damp sponge or cloth and allow this to dry before proceeding to the next step.
3. Mask off any area you do not wish to spray.
4. Take your can of Rust-Oleum Neon and shake thoroughly. Hold the can approximately 30cm from the surface of the table and spray in a steady back and forth motion, slightly overlapping with each stroke. For best results, whilst spraying keep the can the same distance from the surface and keep the can in motion. Apply several light coats a few minutes apart.
5. Leave to dry in a well ventilated place for 24 hours.
Tutorial courtesy of Rust-Oleum